Sunday, January 6, 2013

Re-Vamp an Old Lamp

Cost:  $12 for 2 lamps with shades and a can of spray paint
Time:  30 minutes plus dry time


I have been looking for a lamp to put in my office for a very long time.  I found 2 of these lamps including the shades at a small antique store for $3.50 a piece.  The shades were in excellent condition.  I could not pass these lamps by. I was so excited when I got home that I started painting them right away and so I forgot to take a before picture.




They were originally brass colored.  I bought a can of Krylon Metallic Silver spray paint and went to town.  After the paint dried, I used a little black acrylic paint to create an "antiqued" effect.  I tried painting the black paint on first with a small brush but I found a paper-towel did a much better job to create the look I wanted.  I put some paint on a paper towel and rubbed all over the lamp base until I was was with what I got. 


See how nice it turned out!  The total cost for both lamps was $11 and I didn't have to go out and buy new shades.  What a great find!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover